New Delhi: Before you hit the stores to stock up on summer essentials, keep an eye on factors like seaside stripes and oversized bags which might trend big, says an expert.
Abhinaya, Myntra Fashion Stylist, lists some trends:
1. Seaside stripes: Just when we thought there's nothing more to stripes, seaside stripes make their way. Ripped straight from beach umbrellas and lounge chairs, these in-your-face lines are the perfect summer staples you always wanted to own.
2. Oversized bags: Bags get bigger -- really bigger to an exaggerated degree. Don't be surprised if you spot them on the streets and airports very soon, for they can hold anything and everything you need.
3. Shades of yellow: Looking forward to wearing a happy colour this summer? Then go all out with yellow -- whether it's stripes, solids or ruffles. And no matter what your skin tone is, there a shade of yellow for everyone.
4. Slit sleeves: Flared sleeves make way for slit sleeves this year. They are taking over denim jackets, feminine tops, maxi dresses and button-downs too. Here's a pro tip: stock up on some bracelets and bangles to play up this fresh-off-the-runway style.
5. Flatforms: Girls who love the height but hate the heels, it's time to rejoice. The most comfortable heel style - Flatform - is back in vogue. From strappy ones to creepers, from classy to chunky, the possibilities of wearing them this season are endless.
After see-through dresses, invisible heels become the hottest new trend09-Aug-2017
Deepika Padukone sets eye make-up trend, here're a few you can try02-Aug-2017
mid-day 38th anniversary: Style trends from the '90s that are still going strong23-Jun-2017
Travel diaries! Stylist Kavita Lakhani shows off her tanned long legs14-Jun-2017
Fashion: 4 cool ways to style your hair like celebs do this summer26-Apr-2017
This is where you can learn the latest trends in hair and make-up in Mumbai18-Apr-2017