We have listed five natural remedies that can help reduce period pain
Apply hot water bag is the beat way to get rid of period pain
The first two days of menstruation is probably the most difficult days of the month for a woman. Pain, cramping, weakness, vomiting tendency, mood swing and inability to work at times become intolerable. Girls who face these difficulties generally tend to push themselves to one corner of the room. While some girls do not suffer from period pain and easily glide through the cycle, some really find it hard to cope up with the discomfort. Though several painkillers available in the market help get rid of period pain, but popping pills is not always the solution to this recurring problem. There are a host of natural therapies that help to get rid of the pain. We have listed five such natural remedies that can work wonders during menstruation.
1. Increase water intake: During periods, the body needs adequate water, so increasing water intake is the first mantra towards a pain-less period. Drinking water prevents the formation of blood clots and helps to flush off waste blood and other toxins from the body smoothly. In addition, it improves overall health during that time of the month. Usually, hot water is better during menstruation because it helps to relax cramped muscles and increase blood flow to the skin.
2. Apply hot water bag: This is the easiest way to get rid of period pain. Applying hot water bag quickly lowers the pain and brings in immediate relief. The heat released from the bag helps contracting muscles of the uterus to relax, which is the real cause of period pain. Now a days, heating pads are also available, which can be used in the same manner like hot water bags. Wear loose clothes while applying the bag as it will give quick result and more relief.
Drink 2-3 cups of tea to get rid of pain and fatigue
3. Drink tea to reduce menstrual cramps: A cup of hot tea is one of the best medicines to rid of period pain naturally. While the all time favourite ginger tea is the best medicine to ease the pain, other forms of tea like cardamom tea, cinnamon tea and chamomile teas also work wonders. So, start sipping tea to get relief from cramps. Also, drinking tea help to get relief from fatigue while menstruating.
4. Chew handful of carom seeds: This is a natural painkiller worth taking ro ease pain. Chew one tablespoon of carom seeds (Ajwain) and drink a cup of warm water along with it to soothe menstrual cramps. Another way to consume carom seeds is soaking a handful of it in a glass of water overnight and drinking it early in the morning. It not only eases pain, but also controls excessive bleeding and cures irregular period.
Tuna is rich in magnesium and therefore helps reduce stomach pain
5. Plan a magnesium rich diet: Having magnesium rich diet helps ease cramps. Magnesium regulates muscle function, a pre-requisite for reducing cramps. Food items like salmon, tuna, sesame seeds, cashews, almonds and chocolate are good to consume during menstruation.
All these therapies can be tried at home. The therapies try to reduce overall pain, generate sleep and help get rid of discomfort.
Watch video: Mysterious deaths of starlets!
Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr