Here are six ways in which you can maintain a healthy eyesight
It's the age of technology and we are more than ever using our eyes to check our phones, computer screens, gaming consoles and televisions, which can lead to eye fatigue. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and more to take care of eyes, suggest experts.
Sanjay Verma, Head Of Department, Ophthalmology, Paras Hospitals Gurugram and K. Bhujang Shetty, Chairman and Managing Director, Narayana Nethralaya, Bengaluru, have some simple steps:
1. Adequate sleep is essential for eye health and allows the eyes to repair and recover. Eight hours of sound sleep at night will go a long way in attaining better visual quality.
2. Our eyes require multiple nutrients to function optimally. Vitamins and minerals along with green leafy vegetables and protein sources help to keep the eyes strong and sharp.
3. Regular exercise not only keeps your body fit but also makes your eyes healthy by pumping more blood and oxygen to your eyes.
4. A majority of office jobs require constant and direct glaring at the computer screen, making it difficult for your eyes. Make sure to take a break, every 20 minutes for at least 20 seconds.
5. Regular physical exam at least twice a year will keep you aware and helps to take necessary action in time.
6. Keep your eyes protected from exposure to harmful UV rays.
Watch Video: Python stopped from swallowing a whole deer
Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr
Alia Bhatt's latest workout photo will make your eyes pop in wonder08-Jun-2017
Eating fresh fruits everyday may keep diabetes at bay12-Apr-2017
Health: 5 ways in chilli peppers can be good for you04-Mar-2017
Pound your way to sexy! This new fitness workout lets you channel your inner rockstar19-Feb-2017
New imaging technique to detect onset of vision loss04-Jan-2017
Control samosa intake! Your fatty diet can give you a major eye disease17-Nov-2016