Health: Top 5 ways to get a glowing skin during monsoonJul 14, 2017, 18:01 IST
Health: 7 best hair care tips for monsoonmid-day online correspondentMumbaiJul 19, 2017, 20:05 IST
Excessive moisture is the biggest culprit of the monsoon season. The monsoon moisture affects the hair, even if we stay indoors and keep try to ourselves away from dust and humidity. Also, the situation turns worse on days when the humidity is high. Depending on hair type, it may leave your hair frizzy or flat. Mostly people with wavy or curly hair end up with frizzy messy hair. Here is how you can take care of your precious hair during the monsoon season:
1. The best way to retain healthy shining hair during the rainy days is to use a humidity-protective hair styling gel. The humidity protective gels help by forming a protective coat over hair cuticles and preventing moisture from getting in and out.
2. Choose hair care products depending on the hair type. Frizzy, dry and rough hair is usually dealt with by using hair cream or similar products to smooth it down. However, this can have an adverse effect, by allowing your hair to absorb moisture and making it look greasy or sticky. If this happens, stick to conditioner. Also for colored hair, use colour protective and professional shampoo and conditioner meant for such hair.
3. Dry massage your scalp so that it improves blood circulation. Oil massage your hair with warm oil once a week. However, in case of oil massage during monsoon, do not leave the oil in the hair for long time. Instead, wash it off in a few hours.
4. If you do wet your hair in the rain, make sure you wash your hair as soon as possible with a mild shampoo followed by a conditioner. Do not leave the rainwater in the hair for long time as it is high in chemical contents and can damage the hair.
5. Wash your hair every alternate day during monsoon. If you have short hair then you can wash it daily. Switching to a mild/ baby shampoo is a good idea. Apply conditioner on the hair shaft as this will strengthen your hair.
6. Using hair spray or gel during monsoon is a strict no no. The gel or spray tend to get stick to the scalp and cause dandruff. Also, avoid blow dry. However, if the hair is wet at night, apply lots of conditioner on hair and then blow dry on cold air.
7. Due to high humidity and wet hair, dandruff happens to be a common problem during monsoon. So make sure that you use an antidandruff shampoo containing ketoconazole and zinc pyrithrone once a week. However, use your normal regular wash shampoo on other days.
(With inputs from Dr Apratim Goel, Dermatologist & Laser surgeon)
Video: Actress Kritika Chaudhary's murder case: The mystery and history
Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr