Starting from kebabs to waffles, these 8 restaurants in Andheri prove that the locality is a haven and a destination of solace for food lovers
Andheri is a melting pot of refreshing flavours. The wide collection of local, regional and international cuisines make this bustling locality nothing less than a food paradise in Mumbai. Young crowd, cool vibe and an overall pleasant setting, Andheri is a perfect place to indulge in a food trail in the city. From seafood and nachos to waffles and unconventional ice creams, restaurants in Andheri offer a huge assortment of delectable and unique dishes from around the world. These 8 restaurants in Andheri prove what the locality is a haven and ultimate destination of solace for foodaholics. Take your pick:
1. Bombay to Barcelona Library Cafe: This cosy little cafe in Marol is an ideal destination to drop in for Spanish food. The menu comprises of Spanish specialities, fast food and local delicacies. One should definitely try their Bombon, Chicken sandwich, Spaghetti al Pesto and, Gooey Chocolate Brownie and Chicken Vada Pav. Health drinks like Cucumber and Spinach Juice and Beetroot and Carrot juice are also listed in the menu. Food is reasonably priced so you won’t get a hol the in pocket. Friendly staff, live music, outdoor seating and colourful decor make your dining experience a truly unforgettable one.
Where: 3 & 4, Golden Nest Cooperation Housing Society, Mapkhan Nagar, Marol Naka, Mumbai, Marol, Mumbai
Penne Makhani with Chicken Tikka
2. Ambrosia Cafe and Deli: Another quaint cafe tucked in one of the narrow lanes of the busy Andheri-Kurla road is Ambrosia Cafe and Delhi. The menu offers several options to choose from. The light bites are actually not light and are capable enough to fulfil your hunger pranks. Cheesy Chicken poppers, Crumb Fried wings, Penne Makhani with Chicken Tikka and Classic Waffle are the all time favourites here. Place your order and can even indulge in board games till the food comes to your table.
Where: Shop 2, Wellington Business Park 2, Opposite Skyline Icon, Andheri- Kurla Road, Marol, Mumbai
3. Hit and Run: With three outlets in Andheri, this small eatery emerged as a popular and an all-time favourite take away joint for Lebanese and Indian food lovers. This place probably delivers the best shawarma in Andheri (E) area. Apart from the shawarma variants, Hit and Run also offers lip-smacking Hummus with Pita Bread, Chicken Pahadi kebab, Chicken Hyderabadi kebab, Tandoori Chicken and Hummus Chicken salad. The Chinese food here is equally tantalizing. Chicken triple rice, Crispy chicken, and Schezwan rice are some specialities of Hit and Run that cannot be missed. The take away joint is easy and locate and fits the budget.
Where: Mahakali, Marol and Chakala
4. Icekraft: None can deny the fact that Oshiwara is a haven for our foodie folks. Amidst several Chinese, Indian and Continental restaurants, stands Icekraft, a tiny funky looking dessert parlour. Known for their live ice cream counters and unconventional flavours for the cool bites, Icekraft is worth a visit for dessert lovers. It is also the one-stop destination for waffles, pancakes and freak shakes. You can end your meal on a sweet note with Icekraft’s Charcoal Ice cream, Dark chocolate ice cream, Chocochip Waffles and Nutella Waffle. Also, customize your ice cream if you wish too. Also, the food joint comes out with festival special menus, so you need to keep an eye out.
Where: 5, Meera CHS, Opposite Windsor Grande Residences, Oshiwara, Andheri West
Charcoal ice cream
5. Bhojohori Manna: No food trail is complete without sampling regional speciality. Bhojohori Manna in Oshiwalivesive up to your expectation. Be it Luchi and Kosha Mangsho or Daab Chingri, Bhojohori Manna ensures that every dish carries with it the authentic flavour of Bengal. The restaurant made its way to Mumbai from Kolkata and has lived up to the expectations of Mumbaikars, especially fish lovers. You can fill up your stomach with Bengali dishes like Mishti pulao, Chicken Kabiraji Cutlet, Ilish paturi, Jhinge Aalo posto, Vetki macher paturi, and Parshe Shorshe.
Where: 3 & 4, Reliable Business Centre, Near Om Heera Panna Mall, Oshiwara, Andheri West Oshiwara
6. Sammy Sosa: If you are in Oshiwara for pub hopping and need to chill over cool drinks and international food, then Sammy Sosa may come to your rescue. The all the day dining joint specializes in Mexican, Italian and Continental food. It has included salads and other healthy food variants in its menu to meet the hunger pranks of our health conscious folks. Pair your nachos, tacos and Chilli Cheese Fries with Vodka Sangria, Bira Lite or Brody Bourbon Beer New Sernyaa at this cool vibrant eatery. It is a perfect destination to drop in with friends and unwind over good food and classic drinks.
Where: Shop 18, Meera CHS, Near Mega Mall, Oshiwara Link Road, Oshiwara, Andheri West
7. Vedge: We do like your veggie meals a lot! Veggie food too comes with a twist and Vedge justifies the fact to the core. The highlight of the eatery is the vegetarian version of Thai, Chinese, Mexican, Italian, and Asian cuisine. To be on the safe side, you can also pick a dish from their fully loaded Indian menu. Share a plateful of Wok Tossed Potatoes, Fully Loaded Nachos, Chilli Paneer bao and Dimsums with friends and family the next time you drop in to Vedge.
Where: Ground Floor, Fun Republic Mall, New Link Road, Veera Desai Area, Mumbai
8. Malwani Kalwan: No food trail in Mumbai is complete without tasting the coastal flavours. Think of some unusual seafood delicacies and Malwani Kalwan will have it ready on the palate. Drop in to this Andheri restaurant for a date with Crab soup, Bombil fry, Squid fry, Stuffed pomfret, Brain tawa fry and Gawth Chicken. The ambience is nothing outstanding, so only drop in for a seafood fix. The aroma and flavour of coastal meal will leave you finger licking.
Where: Om Cottage, Opposite Nana Nani Park, JP Road, 7 Bungalows, Andheri West
The next time you are in Andheri, you simply cannot miss out on these food outlets. Also, those residing in this ever bustling locality of Mumbai may put on extra kilos after savouring lip smacking global food from the joints. Never mind, many of these do offer healthy variants to strike a balance.
Exclusive video: Lalbaugcha Raja in Mumbai on day 1
Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr
Sunday brunch at this Mumbai restaurant will leave you craving for more24 minutes ago
Mumbai food: 9 dishes to try during 9 days of Navratri47 minutes ago
14 fishermen stuck 200 km away from coast, rescued after days of being stranded21-Sep-2017
Mumbai Food: Pali Hill's new burger joint offers delicious, messy burgers20-Sep-2017
Sachin Tendulkar spotted at Australian chef George Calombaris' dinner event19-Sep-2017
Mumbai Food: This SoBo health food joint offers meals in bowls19-Sep-2017