World Tourism Day 2020 Quiz: Wanderlust or Bust?Updated: 27 September, 2020 13:42 IST
Are you a traveller or just using #wanderlust for social media? Challenge yourself and your friends to our World Tourism Day Quiz to see how you fare
World Tourism Day is celebrated each year on September 27 by the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNTWO). 2020 has been a sombre year for us travellers; the pandemic has put a halt to our travel plans. The only thing I’m glad about is not seeing an abundance of travel photographs on my social media. Remember when everyone would be lost in the hills or the beach and called themselves a traveller when all they did was flood Instagram with the one vacation they took that odd summer? If you consider yourself a traveller, if you have travelled far and beyond, it is likely that you will know the answer to these simple questions. How about you take our World Tourism Day Quiz and see how much you know.
1. Which of the following is a Mexican delicacy?
2. In which city can you find the globally renowned landmark- Spanish Steps?
3. What is the capital of Brazil?
Rio de Janeiro
4. Which of the following is the National Dish of England?
Chicken Tikka Masala
5. ‘Ruble’ is the official currency of?
6. Which of the following is a city in Morocco?
Dar es Salaam
7. Machu Picchu, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is located in?
8. New York City’s famous theatre district is known as?
9. Which of the following is the official language of Switzerland?
10. Which country is also known as the Land of the Rising Sun?
11. Which animal is indigenous to Australia?
Both of the above
12. In which city can you find ruin bars?
1 - Enchiladas
2 - Rome
3 - Brasilia
4 –Chicken Tikka Masala
5 - Russia
6 - Casablanca
7 - Peru
8 - Broadway
9 - Italian
10 - Japan
11 – Both of the Above
12 - Budapest
Mid-Day is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@middayinfomedialtd) and stay updated with the latest newsFirst Published: 26 September, 2020 20:43 IST
Mumbai: 50-year-old female singer dies mysteriously at Goregaon hotelDec 02, 2020, 08:01 IST
Kashmera Shah and Krushna Abhishek's relationship is all about loveDec 02, 2019, 09:05 IST
Urmila Matondkar flaunts her Hindutva as she joins Shiv SenaDec 02, 2020, 08:02 IST
South Mumbai traders duped in multi-crore ponzi scamDec 02, 2020, 07:01 IST
Rahane, Pujara and Ashwin enjoy Fathers Day Out with babies in SydneyDec 02, 2020, 10:44 IST
BJP takes potshots at BMC leader, contractor urges CM to take actionDec 02, 2020, 07:07 IST